2011 Appellate Seminar - November 11, 2011
***Registration for this event is now closed.***
Join us Friday, November 11, 2011 for the 2011 Appellate Seminar.
The objective of this course is to educate the attendant on the appeals process for insurance claims and other cases involving insureds. The presentation will provide an update on the current trends and a preview of current cases being evaluated in the Courts of Appeals, Texas Supreme Court and Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. Our attorneys will also give the attendant a glimpse into how an appellate lawyer strategizes, prepares and presents his/her oral argument before the Court. Topics will include:
- Supersedeas Bonds and Alternate Security Arrangements
- Getting the Appellate Attorney Involved Early in the Case
- Anatomy of an Appeal
- Educating the Appellate Court on Coverage
- Statistics for the Courts of Appeals, the Texas Supreme Court and the Fifth Circuit
- Preview of What's Before the Texas Supreme Court
- Oral Argument Strategy and Mock Oral Argument
R. Brent Cooper
J. Whit Sowards
Gordon K. Wright
Continuing Education Credit:
TDI CE: Provider #32551
This course has been approved by the Texas Department of Insurance in the amount of 4.0 general credit hours. Cooper & Scully, P.C. is a Texas Department of Insurance registered provider.
This course has been approved by the State Bar of Texas Committee on MCLE in the amount of 4.0 general hours.
Seminar TopicsSeminar Agenda
Getting the Appellate Attorney Involved Early in Litigation
Anatomy of an Appeal